You helped us raise over $60,000—thank you!
The Portland-Vancouver area has long been among the most generous in the nation. We donate and volunteer at higher levels. We are known as a place where people get involved.
Giving this past holiday season backed up our reputation—in a big way! We are pleased to announce record levels of support to Impact NW. Donations increased 70% from last year! Other highlights include:
- 1,200 people donated more than 2,000 coats and gifts to Impact NW families
- 124 people gave a record $28,000 through the Willamette Week Give!Guide
- Our number of major donors doubled
This amazing support comes at a great time. Snow and cold has created stress and hardship for thousands of people who look to Impact NW for support. We are able to respond because our supporters have given so generously. What does this support look like?:
- Our Dancing Tree Center at 102nd and Burnside is open not only as a warming center but as a resource where our staff connect people with the resources they need – housing, food, heat assistance.
- Senior services are there to check in on our elders to make sure they are safe and have food and other necessities.
- Support for veterans and other families who recently moved into their own homes after living outside to make sure they are weathering the cold and snow.
Of course, our donors are also funding our ongoing efforts to build relationships between young children and their parents, to help people recover from alcohol and drug dependency and to help high school students connect with great jobs in the trade industries, among other efforts.
A big thank you to our community for stepping up this past holiday season, for caring for your neighbors and for strengthening Impact NW at a time when it’s needed more than ever.